1. Okt. 2019
ESMO 2019: “IMvigor130 will change clinical practice”
Richard Cathomas, MD, of Kantonsspital Graubünden, on this year’s highlights of genitourinary cancers: RADICALS-RT, ARTISTIC and PROfound.
Inhalte im Video:
00:00RADICALS-RT: The interim analysis of this large (>1.300 patients) randomized phase III trial showed no benefit for adjuvant radiotherapy for patients with prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy in terms of biochemical relapse-free survival.
01:51ARTISTIC: Also, this meta-analysis comparing adjuvant to salvage radiotherapy showed no benefit of the adjuvant method.
02:16PROfound: This phase III trial comparing the PARP-inhibitor olaparib versus enzalutamide or abiraterone showed a benefit for olaparib in mCRPC patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and DNA repair defects, and might become the new standard of care.
03:37CARD: In patients with mCRPC, already treated with docetaxel and an alternative androgen receptor-targeted (ART) therapy (abiraterone or enzalutamide), cabazitaxel in third line proved more efficient than using the other ART (respectively enzalutamide or abiraterone).
04:46IMvigor130: At this point, the data were not out yet. Nevertheless, Dr. Cathomas suspects that this phase III trial, comparing the current first-line standard-of-care platinum-based chemotherapy with gemcitabine against combination of chemotherapy with atezolizumab, will change clinical practice.
Abstracts, die im Video diskutiert werden:
- Parker C et al. Timing of radiotherapy (RT) after radical prostatectomy (RP): Firstresults from the RADICALS RT randomised controlled trial (RCT) [NCT00541047]. # LBA49_PR
- Vale CL et al. Adjuvant or salvage radiotherapy for the treatment of localised prostate cancer? A prospectively planned aggregate data meta-analysis. LBA48_PR
- Hussain M et al. PROFOUND: Phase 3 study of olaparib versus enzalutamide or abiraterone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (MCRPC) with homologous recombination repair (HRR) gene alterations. #LBA12_PR
- De Wit R et al. CARD: Randomized, open-label study of cabazitaxel (CBZ) vs abiraterone (ABI) or enzalutamide (ENZ) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). #LBA13
- Grande E et al. IMvigor130: Efficacy and safety from a phase III study of atezolizumab (atezo) as monotherapy or combined with platinum-based chemotherapy (PBC) vs placebo + PBC in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma (mUC). #LBA14_PR
ESMO Congress 2019